Friday Freebie Maps
Every Friday I will post a new Creative Commons licensed map. You are free to use/print these maps for personal use only. If you wish to use any of these maps in a commercial or non-commercial product, please contact Tim Hartin to learn how.
Friday Freebies usually include two (sometimes more) versions of the same map. One has a white background (for easier printing) and the other has a darker background. Click on the images below to view the larger version of the maps or click on the year banners to view the maps for a particular year. Under the map images are notes about specific map details.
The Enhanced PDF version of this map is available for sale ($1 US) at DriveThruRPG/RPGNow: Friday Freebie Enhanced Map: February 24, 2017. The Enhanced PDF has multiple layers allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off (for ease with Virtual Tabletop programs).
Friday February 24, 2017
- The green-grey areas at the bottom of the map are trees/vegetation.
- The irregular shaped black dots represents rubble. The passages that would lead off the map have been blocked with rubble. Enterprising adventurers may excavate any of these tunnels and perhaps find a whole new level.
- Areas 1, 6, 7, 16, 32, 39, and 40 have statues. The statue between areas 7 and 10 blocks admittance (except for the smallest of creatures) but allows limited visual and audio access of the adjacent room.
- The indentations in the walls of area 2 area are perhaps some form of trap.
- North of area 2 and area 36 a) are bars/gates.
- Areas 3, 18 a), 21, 26, 30, 36 b), and 40 have pillars/columns.
- Areas 18 b), 32 b), and 35 represents water. There are bridges that cross the water at areas 18 b) and 32 a).
- Areas 15, 33, and 39 have tapestries.
- Area 17 is a large open well/pit.
- Area 40 b) is a raised platform that has an altar on it.
These maps by Tim Hartin are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License. Inquiries about permissions beyond the scope of this license should be made by contacting Tim Hartin.